After successfully concluding its Strategic Assessment and Planning workshops, the INCITEGov Board of Trustees and its Executive Committee approved the implementation plan for 2023 based on the following objectives:
- Increase civil society appreciation, participation and support for electoral efforts that ensure democracy and good governance at the local and national levels.
- Deepen the understanding and practice of democracy and power, especially among the youth, grassroots communities and organized sectors that connects the practice of politics with good governance and development outcomes.
- Strengthen and consolidate the collaboration among and between local, national and international organizations, strategic sectors and networks.
- Build social media capacities to work against mis/disinformation and towards the articulation of grassroots-based narratives that capture people's imagination and support.
- Build INCITEGov membership and capacities to achieve its VMG.
INCITEGov will achieve these objectives by actively engaging in local and national electoral projects with its partners and developing tools and platforms for citizenship and political engagement. It will move toward more local and youth-led strategies in its partnerships.
The organization will help build constituencies for democratic electoral politics, assist in increasing the ability of CSOs and movements to achieve their electoral goals, and capacitate the youth and marginalized sectors for meaningful political engagement.
Its activity lineup includes pilot youth leadership training sessions in Butuan City, in partnership with People Power Volunteers for Reform - Caraga), and in Metro Manila, in partnership with the Initiatives for Dialogue and Empowerment through Alternative Legal Services (IDEALS).
These training sessions hope to develop youth leaders who will participate in electoral exercises like the forthcoming Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan Elections in October.
Moreover, INCITEGov will conduct political education seminars for digital community leaders and organizers in partnership with BUILD Pilipinas to capacitate constituencies for democratic electoral politics.
It will work with the Partnership of Philippine Support Service Agencies (PHILSSA) in mainstreaming political education in their partners' community organizing processes. INCITEGov will respond to requests from Xavier University in Cagayan de Oro City, Samahan ng Nagkakaisang Pamilya ng Pantawid (SNPP) and Every Woman for political education sessions for trainers.
INCITEGov will facilitate agenda- and constituency-building to increase civil society capacities and platforms for their electoral advocacies. This will be done with EveryWoman as partner for the Women's Agenda and the Paghimud-os Negros, Inc. for the Negros Agenda 2040.
INCITEGov will engage with the Institute of Philippine Culture and the Ateneo School of Government to study voter behavior and narratives. It will also partner with these institutions to conduct case studies on examples of local government leaderships that made good on their electoral promise to implement good governance reforms and practices.
Lastly, INCITEGov will continue supporting and convening democratic movements through Tindig Pilipinas and its international networks, the Asia Democracy Research Network and the Asia Democracy Network.